If you love no-bake energy bites, you have to try these! Get your daily dose of vitamin D in the form of a delicious, strawberry treat. They're so easy to make and perfect year-round, but especially as the days get warmer and our motivation to use the oven dwindles.
The majority of people in the US are vitamin D deficient (yes, even during summer) so finding ways to get your vitamin D in a way that doesn't feel like a chore AND tastes good, is a win-win!
Here's how to make them:
- In a blender or food processor, combine strawberries, vitamin D, almonds, dates, and almond butter
- Once well combined, put the mixture into a large bowl and separate coconut shreds into halves
- Add oats and half of the coconut shreds
- Shape the mixture into balls, roll in the remaining coconut shreds
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and let them set in the fridge for 2 hours before eating.